Re: RFS: policyd-weight

Hi,

werner@aloah-from-hell.de writes:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "policyd-weight".
[...]
>   dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/policyd-weight/policyd-weight_0.1.15.2-1.dsc

>From d/changelog:

++  * New upstream release
++    - (Closes: #641227)

The second line misses something behind the dash.

There is a debian/.pc directory which should not be there.

You should mention that the package has a new maintainer and close the
bug indicating that the package is orphaned (#612734).

debian/changelog has trailing whitespace.

debian/README.source is not necessary for packages using a standard
format like 3.0 (quilt).  You also do not need to build-depend on quilt.

A note at the beginning of patches indicating the reason and author for
the change would be nice.

>From debian/rules:

+include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make
+build-stamp: $(QUILT_STAMPFN)
 clean: unpatch

These are not needed when using the 3.0 (quilt) source format.

>From the package description in debian/control:
"Its intended" -> "It is intended" or "policyd-weight is intended".

The Vcs-* fields in debian/control are probably no longer current.
Please update or remove them.

Regards,
Ansgar