Re: I'm looking for sponsor(s) to add my SourceForge packages to Debian

Philip Ashmore <contact@philipashmore.com> writes:

> On 12/12/11 10:03, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Philip Ashmore<contact@philipashmore.com>  writes:
> >
> >> Well, it goes a bit further than being packaged for Debian.
> >>
> >> The v3c package includes make scripts that allow you to build Debian
> >> packages via "make debian".

> > Where (which URL) is the source package for the version you want
> > sponsored into Debian? That's what needs to be examined and
> > discussed here.
> >
> v3c:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/v3c/files/v3c-2.3.0-01.tar.gz/download

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough:

You (i.e. the maintainer presenting a package for inspection) need to
make the Debian source package *yourself*, and put it online at a URL
which leads only to that source package, and direct us to that URL to
get the source package. That way, it's unambiguous exactly which files
everyone is talking about.

--
 \     “We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that |
  `\      divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of |