Re: RFS: php-xml-beautifier

On 12/09/2011 08:46 PM, Mathias Ertl wrote:
> I already joined the mailinglist there and enjoy the spam that comes in there
> every day ;-). I did however file a join-request on their Alioth homepage. I
> can only hope they approve the request.

I'd suggest sending a private mail to the admins of the project.

>> Last, why did you choose GPL-3+ for your packaging work, when upstream has
>> chosen a more relaxed BSD 2 clause?
>>
> Because I think its a good license. Is that a problem? I am happy to choose
> something different or the same as the package, if there are any customs or
> conventions I am not aware about.

There's no problems per say, I believe everyone is free to release the work
it does in Debian in the license of its choice if it's DFSG free, but I
just feel
weird to have just a few files needed for the packaging to be more
restrictive
than the ones from the original authors itself.

Said in another way: your choice of licensing is legally valid inside
Debian,
but it wouldn't be mine. I'd adopt the license of upstream, especially
if it's
the BSD license. IMHO, software with multiple licenses are a pain when
writing debian/copyright files.

> That being said, I still look for a sponsor for that package! ;-)

Please ping me in few days if I didn't get time to review again and nobody
else stood up (I'm going to sleep now, I'm too tired to start packaging
reviews ...).

Thomas