Re: RFS: php-xml-beautifier

Hi!

On Thursday, December 08, 2011 09:05:16 PM Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Please use pkg-php-tools for your package, so that it can use variable
> substitutions, so that you can later use: ...

Done. The new package on mentors and on the VCS:
	https://git.fsinf.at/apt/php-xml-beautifier
... now uses pkg-php-tools. I didn't update the debian version, I hope thats
fine that way.

> Also, it'd be great if you were trying to have your package
> team-maintained. Please join the PHP PKG team and help, rather than
> working on your side only,
> and have your PEAR package sent to the Git repository on Alioth (in
> /git/pkg-php there's already quite a bunch of PEAR modules...).

I already joined the mailinglist there and enjoy the spam that comes in there
every day ;-). I did however file a join-request on their Alioth homepage. I
can only hope they approve the request.

> Besides that, I don't think you need debian/dirs, and debian/README.Debian
> doesn't document anything useful.

They were leftovers and are now removed.

> Last, why did you choose GPL-3+ for your packaging work, when upstream has
> chosen a more relaxed BSD 2 clause?

Because I think its a good license. Is that a problem? I am happy to choose
something different or the same as the package, if there are any customs or
conventions I am not aware about.

That being said, I still look for a sponsor for that package! ;-)

greetings, Mati

--
me on twitter: @mathiasertl | soup: http://soup.er.tl
I only read plain-text mail!  I prefer signed/encrypted mail!