Re: RFS: php-xml-beautifier

On 12/08/2011 08:18 PM, Mathias Ertl wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "php-xml-beautifier". This package
> contains a class to format and beautify XML docuemtents (for example add
> linebreaks, format comments, etc.). Several other PEAR packages depend on it
> (see homepage: http://pear.php.net/package/XML_Beautifier/ ).
>
>  * Package name    : php-xml-beautifier
>    Version         : 1.2.2-1
>    Upstream Author : Chuck Burgess <ashnazg@php.net>
>  * URL             : http://pear.php.net/package/XML_Beautifier/
>  * License         : BSD-2-clause
>    Section         : web
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> php-xml-beautifier - Class to format XML documents
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the following
>   http://mentors.debian.net/package/php-xml-beautifier
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
>
>   dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-xml-beautifier/php-
> xml-beautifier_1.2.2-1.dsc

> Kind regards,
>
> Mathias Ertl

Hi Matias,

Please use pkg-php-tools for your package, so that it can use variable
substitutions, so that you can later use:

Recommends: ${phppear:Debian-Recommends}
Breaks: ${phppear:Breaks}
 ${phppear:description}

Then in your debian/rules file, you can use:

#!/usr/bin/make -f
%:
    dh $@ --buildsystem=phppear --with phppear

in your control file. Of course, you need to build-depends on it.

Also, it'd be great if you were trying to have your package team-maintained.
Please join the PHP PKG team and help, rather than working on your side
only,
and have your PEAR package sent to the Git repository on Alioth (in
/git/pkg-php there's already quite a bunch of PEAR modules...).

Besides that, I don't think you need debian/dirs, and debian/README.Debian
doesn't document anything useful.

Last, why did you choose GPL-3+ for your packaging work, when upstream has
chosen a more relaxed BSD 2 clause?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)