Re: preserving user changes while managing configuration files

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:18:00 +0100
Dennis van Dok <dennisvd@nikhef.nl> wrote:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I have a question regarding configuration file changes.
>

> My question is whether this method sufficiently implements the policy,
> or if there are other ways to go about it.
I am not a mentor, but i'll chime in anyway.

A popular way of accomplishing the task is to support "configuration subdirectories"

It includes all "configuration files" in that directory. If you publish a name that
you will _never_ use then people can add that one "as they wish".

There are other options on the same theme, of course.