Re: RFS: mydumper

2011/11/22 Mateusz Kijowski <mateusz.kijowski@gmail.com>:
>> I've just commented your package on mentors.debian.net.
>> Sorry for duplicated comments, I had some errors 500 during commenting and I
>> thought they haven't been added.
>
> I have uploaded a new version which addresses the embedded JS issue
> and also some issues indicated by lintian --pedantic as indicated by
> Alex. More details are available in the comments on the package page.

I decided, that it might be more convenient if I included my comments
here as well.

The embedded JS library was copied by sphinx documentation generation
system, but it seems that brave Debian Developers have addressed this
with creation of dh_sphinxdocs. I updated the package to use it and
fixed some other problems with documentation (added a doc-base control
file, removed documentation source files from the binary package)

I also addressed most of the issues that lintian --pedantic raised as
indicated in the mail from Alex Mestiashvili. Specifically:

P: mydumper source: unneeded-build-dep-on-quilt - this has been not
dealt with, the main reason being that I want to ease backporting the
package to lenny
P: mydumper source: unversioned-copyright-format-uri
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5 - the format is set to deb5 revision
174 in the package I uploaded today
I: mydumper: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/myloader commiting
committing - I patched the source  and sent the patch to upstream
X: mydumper: duplicate-files * - CMakeLists.txt for documentation
included rules for installation of *.rst sources. Created a patch to
fix that.
W: mydumper: embedded-javascript-library
usr/share/doc/mydumper/html/_static/underscore.js - fixed with
dh_sphinxdoc
I: mydumper: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration -
created a doc-base control file

also a local run of lintian --pedantic complains about:

P: mydumper: no-upstream-changelog

The reason for not including the upstream changelog is that upstream
does not provide a changelog. I think I could generate one from bzr,
but I'm not sure that is necessary and/or recommended.

I have uploaded a new "new version" today.

--
Regards,

Mateusz