Re: preserving user changes while managing configuration files

On 23-11-11 10:27, Joseph Gunn wrote:

> A popular way of accomplishing the task is to support "configuration subdirectories"
>
> It includes all "configuration files" in that directory. If you publish a name that
> you will _never_ use then people can add that one "as they wish".

Dear Joseph,

I'm not sure I'm getting the gist of your suggestion; do you mean the
use of /etc/mypackage/conf.d/ or some such? I'm afraid this would
require some heavy patching of the upstream code for reading
configuration files.

Dennis
--
D.H. van Dok :: Software Engineer :: www.nikhef.nl :: www.biggrid.nl