Re: RFS: open-axiom

2011/8/29 Joseph R. Justice <jayarejay@gmail.com>
"interpsys" would be a Build-Depends of some sort for OpenAxiom then,

No, interpsys is a part of OA sources and used only for building.
As I said before, one can think of it as of libtool or similar.

SBCL adds shebangs in order to make "standalong executables".
One can copy /usr/bin/sbcl to /any/path/with/any/name
and compile lisp source using this new file and get shebang:
#! /any/path/with/any/name --script

But FASL-files are not used as standalong executables in OA,
and the only mandatory part of FASL is line "# FASL".

Might this cause a problem for someone down the line?  I'm thinking of
something along the lines of, a bug (possibly a security-related bug)
is found in SBCL (possibly by SBCL upstream), in the portion that is
duplicated inside of OpenAxiom, and is fixed in the SBCL package
itself within Debian.

AFAIK this is how most lisp compilers work: include its core into resulting binaries.

Thanks for your time.  Hope this is of some use, interest.
Joseph

Thanks!