Re: RFS: roxterm (updated package)

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 04:16:02PM +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 22:50:46 +0800
> Kan-Ru Chen <koster@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Only one problem when I tested the package. The gtk3 version, the
> > terminal window shrinks its width when I try to move it around. I don't
> > know if it's because of my window manager (awesome) or it also appears
> > on other environment. If you cannot reproduce this, I can upload it
> > first for wider test :)
>
> Yes, this is a known bug (#632403) and that's the main reason I'm still
> providing a gtk2 package too. As soon as it's uploaded I'll mark the
> bug as affecting roxterm-gtk3.

Does roxterm-gtk3 have any functionality -gtk2 doesn't have?  Unlike QT/GTK,
there isn't a big difference there and I quite fail to see the reason to
have both.  It's a library rather than support for a whole environment,
you need to upgrade at some time but I guess it will be half a decade before
anyone says a word about removing gtk2.

Thus, if there's a bug but no goodies, you could stick with gtk2 for now.
And there's a lot of time before wheezy freezes, so there's a fat chance the
bug will be fixed, saving us two transitions (roxterm -> roxterm-gtk*,
roxterm-gtk* -> roxterm).

--
1KB		// Yo momma uses IPv4!