Re: Best practice for changelog file

Dear Charles,

this the very thing I want to do, but as far as I can understand, I
should replace that variables myself, am I right? When I try to put
the variables in debian/changelog, dpkg-buildpackage fails with error:
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 1.1.0-7~bpo${debian_release}+${build_int}
dpkg-buildpackage: error: version number contains illegal character `$'

I realize that I can add new ~bpoXX record into changelog myself each
time I'm building new version, but I want to find if there any way to
do it automatically during build-time?

Obviously, I could use some build-script that would use sed to replace
version in changelog and then run dpkg-buildpackage, but this way
seems to be a not clear workaround.

----
Best wishes and have a nice day,
Vsevolod Velichko