Re: RFS: flare

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Jan-Hendrik (hennr) Peters
<hennr@hennr.name> wrote:
> But there is another lintian warning that bugs me and I could use some
> advices with this one:
> W: flare: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/share/games/flare/fonts/white.png
>
> I checked the orig.tar.gz The file is not executable at all.
> After packaging, the file is executable, I greped for white.png in the
> debian folder but only found a md5sum.
> Any ideas why this file gets the x flag?
> I can't find anything special about it:
>
> $ file fonts/white.png
> fonts/white.png: PNG image data, 128 x 72, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced

I've no idea why a .png image would be made executable by debhelper,
but I suppose you could change it manually yourself, e.g.:

override_dh_fixperms:
    dh_fixperms
    chmod -x usr/share/games/flare/fonts/white.png

(This is probably a rather ugly workaround though...)

>> - debian/rules: you can simply your rules file and get rid of several
>> overrides with...
>>
>> %:
>>       dh $@ --buildsystem cmake --builddirectory=build
>
> Could you be a bit more specific with that one?
> Simply adding the two options and uncommenting the overrides
> dh_auto_configure and dh_auto_build does not work:
>
> dh build --buildsystem cmake --builddirectory=build
>   dh_testdir -O--buildsystem=cmake -O--builddirectory=build
>   dh_auto_configure -O--buildsystem=cmake -O--builddirectory=build
> CMake Error: The source directory
> "/home/henner/flare-debian/flare-packaging" does not appear to contain
> CMakeLists.txt.

If CMakeLists.txt isn't placed in the top-level directory of your
source tree, then try passing --sourcedirectory=directory to dh, where
"directory" is whichever directory contains CMakeLists.txt.

- Vincent