Re: RFS: flare

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 4:47 AM, Jan-Hendrik (hennr) Peters
<hennr@hennr.name> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "flare".
> It's a diablo like rpg game with complete free art and code.
> This is my first package, hope it's ok ;)
>
> See details:
>
>  * Package name    : flare
>   Version         : 0.14.1-1
>   Upstream Author : Clint Bellanger
>  * URL             : http://clintbellanger.net/rpg/
>  * License         : GPL and CC-BY-SA
>   Section         : games
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
>  http://mentors.debian.net/package/flare
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
>
>  dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/flare/flare_0.14.1-1.dsc

> Kind regards,
> Henner
>

> --

Hi,

I'm not a DD so I can't sponsor your package, but nevertheless I hope
the following comments/suggestions can help you improve your package.
(Note that this is not a very thorough review, as I'm working with a
very slow connection at the moment and I haven't actually downloaded
your source tarball yet.)

- Please try to make your package lintian-clean before asking for a
RFS. As you may have noticed at [1], your package has a few warnings
that should be fixed; the first two can be fixed simply by making sure
that no line in debian/control exceeds 80 characters (and that goes
for all the files in debian/). Remember that you can use lintian-info
if you are unsure of the meaning of a specific lintian tag, e.g.

$ lintian-info -t extended-description-line-too-long
W: extended-description-line-too-long
N:
N:   One or more lines in the extended part of the "Description:" field
N:   have been found to contain more than 80 characters. For the benefit of
N:   users of 80x25 terminals, it is recommended that the lines do not
N:   exceed 80 characters.
N:
N:   Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 3.4.1 (The single line synopsis)
N:   for details.
N:
N:   Severity: normal, Certainty: certain
N:
N:   Check: description, Type: binary, udeb

- debian/control: To ease backporting efforts, change your versioned
dependency on debhelper to >= 8 (instead of >= 8.0.0).
- debian/copyright: "Please see:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode"; is not
enough; you must include the full text of the CC-BY-SA 3.0 in
debian/copyright.
- debian/rules: you can simply your rules file and get rid of several
overrides with...

%:
	dh $@ --buildsystem cmake --builddirectory=build

Kind regards,