Re: News about the mentors.debian.net transition to upgraded software

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 04:34:17PM +0200, Arno Töll wrote:
> On 14.08.2011 15:18, Stanislav Maslovski wrote:
> > But *you* provided the function in the web interface to delete the
> > uploaded package.
>
> FTR: I didn't.

That "you" above supposed to mean "people who care about debexpo and
take active part in its deployment."

> > You shold have asked for external testing and help *BEFORE* switching
> > mentors.debian.net to the new system.
>
> It wasn't me who scheduled the switch and I didn't do it. People called
> for help since years. Its not Expo came out of the dust in the last two
> weeks. Expo is around since 2008, seeking desperately for someone to
> help and to finish it finally.
>
> The truth is, nobody cared, except a hand full of people putting some
> stuff in shape every once in a while since then.

Well, then it means that there was not enough publicity in this
process. I hardly remember hearing anything about debexpo before I
found yesterday that the system on mentors.debian.net was replaced by
a new one.

Another reason why people cared so little about it was, probably,
because the old system worked all right. At least, I do not recall
having any problems with it myself.

--
Stanislav