Re: News about the mentors.debian.net transition to upgraded software

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 01:51:45PM +0200, Arno Töll wrote:
> In fact, until very recently we had no support to upload the same source
> package several times at all, so the status quo is already an
> improvement. As far as I can tell, there are the following problems with
> (multiple) uploads of the source package

But *you* provided the function in the web interface to delete the
uploaded package. If you were expecting that people will *not* use it
to correct their upload mistakes, then I actually cannot guess what
you were thinking about when implementing this function.

> * Name spaces collide when different person upload the same source
> package (e.g. bpo packages versus regular sponsor uploads)

A clear bug, sure.

> * It is not possible to overwrite the same source package (may collide
> with the problem told before)

Another bug, sure.

> * Uploads of the same source package don't push the upload date (e.g.
> relevant for the package list) and can't be individually flagged / deleted.

One more.

> Volunteers?

You shold have asked for external testing and help *BEFORE* switching
mentors.debian.net to the new system.

--
Stanislav