Re: Please try expo.debian.net -- a replacement for mentors.debian.net

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011, Kilian Krause wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 08:37:36PM +0200, Julien Valroff wrote:
It may also help to know whether the package is already in Debian (with
a link to packages.d.o in order to know more about the history of the
uploads) or if it is a new package.

packages.qa.d.o please.

And while we're writing the wishlist, please also inclulde:

Same story from before. I'm going to write up how these can be fixed!

* output from lintian -IX --pedantic

Difficulty: 0 (super easy)

(step 0: get the latest code from git)

Step 1: edit debexpo/plugins/lintian.py

Right now, we call lintian like this:

        output = commands.getoutput('lintian %s' % self.changes_file)

You can adjust the command however you see fit.

Step 2: Submit a patch

* changelog entry with colorized RC-bugs that are fixed

Difficulty: 1

(step 0: get the latest code from git)

Step 1: read how we do I/O to the bug tracker now

Read debexpo/plugins/closedbugs.py

Step 2: Adjust that plugin, or write a new one, to generate the new report you want

Step 3: Make sure it shows up properly w/r/t HTML escaping

Step 4: Submit a patch

* whether or not the orig.tar.gz is original

How do we detect this programmatically?

* if there is a previous version in debian, debdiff to the source

basically more similar to http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

That would be a really good thing! I would suggest tying that to a new URL. If there is a previous version in Debian, the package page on expo.debian.net can link to the expo.debian.net/$package/$version/debdiff URL.

Difficulty: 2 (a non-trivial bit of code, but no major architecture changes)

Step 0: Get the code

Step 1: Read the lintian plugin to have a sense of how a non-trivial plugin works

That's in debexpo/plugins/lintian.py

Step 2: Read the code that makes the package page display

That would be:

* debexpo/config/routing.py
* debexpo/controllers/package.py
* debexpo/model/packages.py
* debexpo/templates/package/index.mako

Step 3: Create a new URL that displays nothing

Do that by creating a new method in debexpo/controllers/package.py and tying it to a route in routing.py.

Make sure your browser successfully loads it.

Step 4: Create a new plugin that will store these debdiffs

You'll need to make a new model, also.

Step 5: Make the plugin actually run debdiff, which will include downloading the package from Debian

Step 6: Make the plugin store those results in the database

Step 7: Make the package info page link to the debdiff URL if there is any debdiff content

Step 8: Make the debdiff URL actually show the debdiff contents

Step 9: Submit a patch

-- Asheesh.