Re: RFS: ps2eps (updated package)

Hi Matteo,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 05:51:28PM +0200, Matteo Cypriani wrote:
> Wow, that was really quick!

Heh, happens if you do this more often and have your tools quite ready at
hand. ;-)

> Le mercredi 29 juin 2011 16:32:49, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> > 1. Your package source still contains binaries in bin/linux, bin/win,
> > bin mac-os-x, bin/hpux ...
> >
> > Please prepare a DFSG-repack and remove *all* binary blobs. Using the
> > get-orig-source target will help with this. If you need a copy-template
> > feel free to ping me.
> >
> > As this was already present in the old version, I'm letting this
> > through. I wonder how they got past ftpmasters anyway.
>
> Yes, I though this was not an issue because the binary are small.
> I will try to negotiate with upstream a binary-free tarball, and if possible
> with the source DocBook file to generate the manpages, instead of including the
> useless PDF and HTML versions.
> If it is not possible for upstream, I'll repack

it's not about "small" or "useful". It's about license and copyright.
Always. And sometimes about security and trustability.

> > 2. debian/patches/minus-sign-manpages.diff does not contain any notion
> > that it was forwarded upstream.
>
> That's true, I'll discuss this with upstream, but it seems that the manpage is
> generated, so it might be complicated.

Then even more so. ;-)

> > 3. I see no good reason to not ship README.txt as is but to rename it to
> > README
>
> My bad, I just kept the behaviour of the old package without thinking too
> much :-)

Heh. Can happen. ;-)

> > 4. Have you tried to have a look at #236049?
>
> I had a quick look. It is marked as forwarded, and I don't really have time to
> fix that by myself currently. I'll ask upstream if this had really been
> forwarded.

That was my intention. Thanks!

> > 5. dpi is an acronym and should be capitalized in the description
>
> OK.
>

> > Anyway, built, signed, uploaded.
> >
> > Thanks for stepping up as new maintainer!
>
> And thanks a lot for helping us in that way… so quickly!

No problem. My pleasure. Keep up the good work and take good care of your
new package!

--
Best regards,
Kilian