Re: RFS: ps2eps (updated package)

Hi Matteo,

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 15:41 +0200, Matteo Cypriani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.68-1 of my package "ps2eps".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> ps2eps     - convert PostScript to EPS (Encapsulated PostScript) files

> The upload would no bug except the ITA (#534380), but it introduces a new
> upstream release and the packaging was modernised.
> The changes can be seen in the collab-maint Git repository:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/ps2eps.git

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/ps2eps/ps2eps_1.68-1.dsc

Thanks for your work. My comments are:

1. Your package source still contains binaries in bin/linux, bin/win,
bin mac-os-x, bin/hpux ...

Please prepare a DFSG-repack and remove *all* binary blobs. Using the
get-orig-source target will help with this. If you need a copy-template
feel free to ping me.

As this was already present in the old version, I'm letting this
through. I wonder how they got past ftpmasters anyway.

2. debian/patches/minus-sign-manpages.diff does not contain any notion
that it was forwarded upstream.

3. I see no good reason to not ship README.txt as is but to rename it to
README

4. Have you tried to have a look at #236049?

5. dpi is an acronym and should be capitalized in the description

Anyway, built, signed, uploaded.

Thanks for stepping up as new maintainer!

--
Best regards,
Kilian