Re: RFS: ps2eps (updated package)

Hi Kilian,

Wow, that was really quick!

Le mercredi 29 juin 2011 16:32:49, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> 1. Your package source still contains binaries in bin/linux, bin/win,
> bin mac-os-x, bin/hpux ...
>
> Please prepare a DFSG-repack and remove *all* binary blobs. Using the
> get-orig-source target will help with this. If you need a copy-template
> feel free to ping me.
>
> As this was already present in the old version, I'm letting this
> through. I wonder how they got past ftpmasters anyway.

Yes, I though this was not an issue because the binary are small.
I will try to negotiate with upstream a binary-free tarball, and if possible
with the source DocBook file to generate the manpages, instead of including the
useless PDF and HTML versions.
If it is not possible for upstream, I'll repack

> 2. debian/patches/minus-sign-manpages.diff does not contain any notion
> that it was forwarded upstream.

That's true, I'll discuss this with upstream, but it seems that the manpage is
generated, so it might be complicated.

> 3. I see no good reason to not ship README.txt as is but to rename it to
> README

My bad, I just kept the behaviour of the old package without thinking too
much :-)

> 4. Have you tried to have a look at #236049?

I had a quick look. It is marked as forwarded, and I don't really have time to
fix that by myself currently. I'll ask upstream if this had really been
forwarded.

> 5. dpi is an acronym and should be capitalized in the description

OK.

> Anyway, built, signed, uploaded.
>
> Thanks for stepping up as new maintainer!

And thanks a lot for helping us in that way… so quickly!

  Matteo

--
Ma clef GPG est disponible sur keyserver.veridis.com
My GPG key is available on keyserver.veridis.com