Re: RFS: haskell-qt

Hi Filip,

Am Donnerstag, den 26.05.2011, 22:55 +0200 schrieb Filip Brcic:
> On Wednesday, 25. May 2011. 9.49.34 Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > we prefer to treat all haskell packages equally, e.g. having their
> > debian directory in the Darcs repo unter the pkg-haskell alioth project.
> > Have you considered joining the Debian Haskell Group to maintain
> > haskell-qt? And do you plan to package more Haskell libraries? And what
> > exactly do you need haskell-qt for, e.g. what package depends on it?
>
> Surely I would maintain haskell-qt (or qtHaskell as it is originally called),
> and I would be glad to join the Debian Haskell Group. As for more libraries, I
> could package some more, but I didn't plan to for now.

Great. In that case, request membership via alioth and have a look at n
http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell
especially http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/Processes and
http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/DarcsBasic out to be
interesting.

I’d also expect you to subscribe to d-haskell (and will stop CC’ing you
then).

You can then upload your packaging via Darcs, tag it as ready to upload
(by setting distribution to unstable) and tell us about it, then we will
sponsor the upload.

> > And why is haskell-qt not on hackage?
>
> I really have no idea. Possibly because it cannot be built only with cabal,
> one must first build the c-bits subpackage with qmake&&make and then the
> remainder of the package using cabal.

Hmm, ok. But other bindings work with cabal, e.g. gtk2hs? I’d prefer to
have things on hackage, as it makes maintenance easier for us, e.g.
looking for new versions. But as long as you create a suitable watch
file for the other location, that is ok as well.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner