Re: RFS: mpd-sima (updated package)

EfriM, 2011-05-20 21:53 UTC+0200:
> Le 19/05/2011 22:45, Tanguy Ortolo a écrit :
> > debian/clean
> >     What is that? I have never seen such a file, is it for a dh command
> >     I do not know yet? I may be interested for my own packages. :-)
> As answered before, this is dh_clean. I like it when I can keep debian/rules
> minimal. Anyway, debhelper rocks, kudos to Joey!

Thank you for the information. I personally perfer to keep the clean
logic for a file in debian/rules if its build logic is also there, so
that nobody wonders why there is no cleaning for this file.

> > debian/mpd-sima.postinst
> >     Do you have a reason to dpkg-statoverride files instead of
> >     installing them with these perms in the package itself?
> >     To install files with non-standard perms in dokuwiki, here is what I
> >     do in debian/rules:
> >         DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/dokuwiki
> >         override_dh_fixperms:
> >         	dh_fixperms
> >         	chown -R www-data.root $(DESTDIR)/var/lib/dokuwiki/data
> >         	chmod 700 $(DESTDIR)/var/lib/dokuwiki/data
> I cannot use dh_fixperms because I need to set ownership to a non-standard
> system user (named "mpd-sima") which might be created when the package is
> installed, hence the use of dpkg-statoverride.

This should be documented in a comment, so that people like me will not
ask next time. :-)

--
 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu> <irc://irc.oftc.net/Elessar>