[uploaded] Re: RFS: mangler (2nd try)

On 2011-05-08 00:44, Vincent Cheng wrote:
> > 4) debian/control: please lowercase first letters in short descriptions.
> >
> Fixed for the libventrilo packages. However, mangler's description
> starts off with Ventrilo, which is a name, so I think it should remain
> capitalized.

Ok.

> > 6) dpkg-shlibdeps report a number of overlinked libraries, you might want
> > to pass --as-needed to a linker.
[...]
> Partly fixed. dpkg-shlibdeps now throws out 4 warnings instead of
> about a dozen. However, if I remove the packages in build-depends that
> dpkg-shlibdeps complains about and re-build, I get the following
> output during the ./configure step:
[...]
> So I reverted my changes. Anyways, at the moment, the only packages I
> have in my build-depends are debhelper, autotools-dev, and the list of
> packages given here [1].

Fine, 4 is certainly better than a dozen.

I uploaded the package (it isn't picked up by Debian machinery yet
though, some temporary problem there), it will go throught NEW queue.
Thanks for the contribution to Debian! You may contact me directly for
the future updates of this package.

I also didn't say in my previous mail that I highly prefer bumping Debian
revision after each review, so there are no two different trees under
the same Debian version ever.

And, some suggestions for the future uploads:

1) -dev packages don't need ${shlibs:Depends}, it can be removed

2) as libventrilo3/codec-test were removed, the section in debian/copyright
about some of files under that directory can be removed as well.

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer