Re: RFS: mangler (2nd try)

[ dropped pkg-voip@ from CC ]

Here's my review:

Overall the package is prepared well, thumbs up. Nevertheless:

1) The tarball contains directories 'android' and 'iphone'. Repack an
upstream tarball and remove them totally. I don't think anybody would
want check them for redistributability.

2) The source of files src/manglerui.h and icons/mangler-icons.h is unclear
to me. Both look like machine-generated. Are they? If yes, how would one
re-create them?

3) Some of libventrilo3/codec-test/* are without copyright notices, which
is suspicious. Are they used in Debian package? If not, better remove
them too.

4) debian/control: please lowercase first letters in short descriptions.

5) debian/libventrilo-dev.install: don't install .la-file
(http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/LAFileRemoval).

6) dpkg-shlibdeps report a number of overlinked libraries, you might want
to pass --as-needed to a linker.

I'll upload this package once/if at least the points 1-3 and 5 are addressed.

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer