Re: RFS: nautilus-image-manipulator
- To: Emilien Klein <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: RFS: nautilus-image-manipulator
- From: Julien Valroff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 07:38:41 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20110501053841.GA2969@kirya.net>
- Mail-followup-to: Emilien Klein <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <BANLkTikiaKPkw7a-w_ny-gw_QXsVn3a7dw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <4DA543BC.email@example.com> <BANLkTinVqY85VSWRUpWnPhWRGL-ErRiG2w@mail.gmail.com> <4DA5D153.firstname.lastname@example.org> <BANLkTimWtfvXmrTbcZt9iih_pqkVOkhrTQ@mail.gmail.com> <4DA76391.email@example.com> <BANLkTi=eTT2Ma4gHsSwTRUwx4sSmNQfPug@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTinibNDfhWjpBU5f-cD7n_qccg=bRA@mail.gmail.com> <20110418233548.GI1853@bach.rivera.co.za> <BANLkTim6Fs5ygCyrXmbhjiJGc_e0ALLjQg@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTikiaKPkw7a-w_ny-gw_QXsVn3a7dw@mail.gmail.com>
Le samedi 30 avril 2011 à 22:56:12 (+0200 CEST), Emilien Klein a écrit :
> Julien, Paul, Niels, Stefano, and the other mentors,
> Could one of you please review the latest changes in my package?
I reviewed your package yesterday and was testing it.
As for the packaging itself, I would still clean rules file by removing
unneeded `find…' call and the override_dh_auto_build
I would change the section of the package to gnome from graphics.
Also, it might be good to add a note somewhere stating that nautilus should
be restarted after the package was installed (and explain what the user
should do) - this is from my experience with nautilus-open-terminal.
The rest seems OK.
As for the application itself: what features does it bring compared to
nautilus-image-converter? Sending by email can already be done by
Have you tried and talk with nautilus-image-converter upstream developer? It
might be a good idea to improve existing code rather than starting a new
I have also noticed a behaviour which should be changed: when resizing a
small image to a greater size, it gets actually resized (ie. a 500x500
picture is resized to eg. 768x768). I would expect the pictures to be
resized to smaller size only if the aim is to reduce their weight so that
they can easily be sent eg. by email.
You should add a warning when the 'resize in place' option is used: this
option used without caution can cause data loss.
.''`. Julien Valroff ~ <firstname.lastname@example.org> ~ <email@example.com>
: :' : Debian Developer & Free software contributor
`. `'` http://www.kirya.net/
`- 4096R/ E1D8 5796 8214 4687 E416 948C 859F EF67 258E 26B1