Re: RFS: pysolfc (replacement for removed package: pysol)

On 03/11/2011 05:32 AM, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> The package appears to be lintian and pbuilder clean. A previous version
> has already been included in Ubuntu.
>
> The upload would fix this bug: 519752

This should be noted in the changelog.

> Package location(s):
> - Git: git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-games/pysolfc.git
> - Git-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-games/pysolfc.git
> - Games team queue: http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Sponsors/Queue

The package in REVU is a native build; it does not have an original
tarball.

You note that you conflict with pysol (<< 10). I'm confused as to why,
since your package does not actually conflict with pysol; they can
certainly be unpacked at the same time. Is there a reason they cannot be
installed concurrently as well? (if so, you want Breaks+Replaces, see
the conflicts-with-version lintian warning)

> I would be glad if someone sponsored this package for me.
>
> I've also prepared a transitional package pysol, found at:
>
> There's also the supplementary pysolfc-cardsets (and transitional
> pysol-cardsets) packages in the respective locations which I'd glady see
> reviewed.

Why not just add these as dummy binary packages to the pysolfc source
package?

--
Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs, Systems
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- http://luke.faraone.cc