Parcellite only needs to link against Gtk+, so that long list of dependencies can go away.

Kind Regards,
Doug Springer

On 03/11/2011 01:40 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:

On 2011-03-10 21:14, Doug Springer wrote:
Niels,
I took over from the original developer, and parcellite is no longer
inactive.

Hey,

That sounds good.

There is a fork, it's called clipit, but there were lots of changes
occurring, and I thought that parcellite (after a few bugs were
addressed) was just fine as it was. I don't mind simple features, but
once it looks like klipper, what's the point?

Yes, clipit was the fork I was thinking of.  As pabs mentioned in a
separate email, clipit is currently its own package but there was talk
about replacing parcellite with it.

My intent it to primarily bug fix/build fix, add bare essentials from
time to time, and keep parcellite just as it is - but I've sent Andrew
several emails and no response yet. I figured if he doesn't want to
maintain it, I'll take over that part as well.

How do I go about doing that?

As far as I can tell, the maintainer of parcellite is definitely active,
since he uploaded a version of parcellite 5 days ago[1].  I have CC'ed
Andrew, whom I hope will reply within a couple of days.
   If you want an active part in maintaining parcellite, your best option
right is to offer to become a co-maintainership.

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/parcellite/news/20110306T041708Z.html

Best Regards,
Doug Springer