Re: DEP5 and multiple copyrights for same file

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:43:45PM +0100, Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals (RainCT) wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> 2011/1/20 Craig Small <csmall@debian.org>:
> >> License: GPL-2
> >>  See /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2.
> > I believe it needs the full GPL-2 excerpt just like a normal copyright
> > file has got.
>
> I've had several packages with license text like this accepted.
>
> Is there some reason to include the GPL header, other than it being
> common practice?

To "convey the exclusion of warranty":

"... This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
 GNU General Public License for more details. ..."

This part of the GPL header is not part of the "text of the License",
it only appears at the:

"How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs" section.

> Regards,

Regards,

--
Josué M. Abarca S.