Re: A lot of pending packages

Le samedi 12 juin 2010, Johan Van de Wauw a écrit :
> 2010/6/11 Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian@ortolo.eu>:
> > * dokuwiki, a PHP-based wiki, that I co-maintain with a DD that has
> >  almost no time to sponsor me and suggested me to find another sponsor:
> >  such a package (PHP, web application) seems to interest nobody.
>
> Which should not really come as a surprise. First of all, not many
> people actually use packaged php applications. According to popcon,
> drupal6 has only 444 installations, with only 13 'recent' users[1].
> The number will be an underestimation as many servers won't have
> popcon installed, but still...

Well, at least I know that my package is enough used to trigger some
bugs that are interresting both for me and for upstream. And some nasty
packaging bugs that are caused by strange spurious modifications made by
the user.

> Not many webapplications have an upstream which supports legacy
> versions, which means that it is up to the sponsor/maintainer to do
> so. While the same is true for many packages in debian, the security
> consequenses are usually more severe for a web app than for most
> desktop applications.

Yes indeed. I know that I will have to backport some patches. And I also
know that, as I am neither DD nor DM, they will take a longer time to be
uploaded to Debian, but this is independant of my will.

--
Tanguy Ortolo