Re: A lot of pending packages

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 10:44:00PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2010-06-09, Lorenzo De Liso <blackzldl@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm a simple debian contributor: I'm trying to get my work in debian
> > through a sponsor [1] [2]. The problem is that I'm waiting for a sponsor
> > since 7 days+ (and not only me, in mentors.debian.net there are 20+
> > pending packages) [3]. Why are they in pending status and nobody wants
> > to upload them? I know, we all are busy with the real life things, but a
>
> When I'm sponsoring packages, which happens from time to time, it is
> normally packages that I somehow have a interest in.
> I think that many other sponsors feel it the same way.
That's exactly how I work when sponsoring packages.  I look after 7 of
them and all 7 have a reason for being there. There is only 9 packages
that are asking for sponsors.

> For example, my interests is mostly around KDE, and I really try to
> avoid python stuff. That kind of rules your two packages out for me.
Whereas for me that would be my worst nightmare. A gui toolkit I don't
use and haven't got install and a language I don't understand.  However,
the variety of interests and skills is a good thing.

What Sune said is pretty good advice, you may also be able to ask people
who look after similiar packages.  I sponsored purple-plugin-pack
because I maintaint pidgin-musictracker.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au