Re: RFS: rush

On 4 June 2010 10:45, Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:
> I am seeking an __active__ sponsor for this package.

I'm afraid it seems you're stuck with me. ;)  At DebConf we (the
project) shall have to discuss the sponsoring situation.

> In comparison to the first packaging attempt, the Debian
> specific documentation has been expanded, in particular
> concerning chrooted service access, and a helper program
> 'mkchroot-rush.pl' has been included in order to ease the
> population of minimal chroot directories.

There seems to be a typo in the 'Homepage' field in debian/control
compared to debian/copyright.

In debian/README.Debian, there is a mention of '/etc/rush.c' which
should probably be '.rc', and 'outcommented' should be
'commented-out'.  I would rephrase the last sentence of the long
description to 'A notification service can be implemented individually
for each provided service through the TCPMUX support found within
xinetd.

One thing I should have asked first time round is: does Debian need
another restricted shell? We've already got rssh, which seems similar.
Perhaps this merits a note in the long description as per:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-pkg-desc

--
Tim Retout <tim@retout.co.uk>