Re: RFS: xpdf (updated package)

On Fr, 11 Jun 2010, Rogério Brito wrote:
> I am very confused with the svn repo of texlive. I did find an
> apparently unpatched version of ps_view (is its name there psv?), but no
> adaptations.

Hmm, maybe I missed that we are in line now ...

> > Well, I have it running here, too, but I am too lazy to make a package
> > for Debian for it.
>
> It seems to depend on wxlua, right? Is this packaged in our archives? I
> didn't find the necessary headers, but I am interested in trying it out,
> sure.

No, not packaged. That is the reason I started on it for packaing.

If you just want to try it once and are using amd64 then get
	http://www.logic.at/people/preining/software/psv.tar.gz
it contains a dir that can be stowed/graft-ed/whatever into your
/usr/local hierarchy, or run the scripts simply from the unpacked dir,
easy to understand.

Then try zooming in to under-one-character level, or add grids to
check the layout for your document.

I would say it is not the perfect viewer for quick what-was-in-that-pdf-again,
but if you want to check layouts, designs, graphics, fonts, carefully
read, it is the best option IMHO.

Best wishes

Norbert
BARSTIBLEY
A humorous device such as a china horse or small naked porcelain
infant which jocular hosts use of piss water into your Scotch with.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff