Re: RFS: rush

Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> writes:

> Well, I had one in the mid of April, he made a quick look, made an
> excuse for making it superficial, and have not been heard of since for
> this package, or for windowlab, which he also accepted.

There may be a misconception, then. A sponsor only has a commitment to
the one upload that they sponsor.

If you manage to establish an ongoing relationship with a person who
consistently sponsors subsequent releases, great! But it's not something
to demand or expect.

> My use of "__active__" was to catch somewhone that will not go missing
> for months on end. I do not deserve to be hanging, the package does not,
> and the Debian community as a whole does not.

Right. You should always feel free to ask for sponsors here if the
previous sponsor is too busy or unresponsive.

> I would rather see a quick denial of a package, with sound motivation,
> than be hanging on a loose thread.

That would certainly be nice. But as described above, you have other
options than simply waiting powerlessly in that case.

--
 \      “I knew things were changing when my Fraternity Brothers threw |
  `\           a guy out of the house for mocking me because I'm gay.” |