Re: Possible trimming of build dependencies

* George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>, 2010-05-16, 20:51:
Also, it seems to me that build-depending on xsltproc && docbook-xsl && docbook-xml would not extremely trim the bits to be pulled as compared to those pulled in the xmlto case, so don't expect big wins here ;-)

AFAICT the above trio don't depend on the (la)tex packages that xmlto does, and they take a long time to install.

Well, xmlto does not pull any latex packages AFAICS, and my cowbuilder --login
test says dice wrt build-dependencies drag:

# apt-get install xmlto
Need to get 468kB/3592kB of archives.
After this operation, 20.6MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n

# apt-get install xsltproc docbook-xsl docbook-xml
Need to get 345kB/3469kB of archives.
After this operation, 20.1MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n

You don't need docbook-xml if you use --nonet or --novalid:

# apt-get install xsltproc docbook-xsl [...]
Need to get 0B/2840kB of archives.
After this operation, 15.8MB of additional disk space will be used.

--
Jakub Wilk