Possible trimming of build dependencies

Originally I used xsltproc to generate roxterm's man pages, as per the
example in the New Maintainers' Guide, but when I moved the man pages
upstream I got a bug report because the location of docbook.xsl isn't
consistent across OSs so I started using xmlto instead.

The trouble with xmlto is it pulls in loads of dependencies, including
several large tex packages, which I think are on top of xsltproc's
demands. Do you think it would be a good idea to add a debian patch to
use xsltproc instead of xmlto, or is it not worth worrying about?

Similarly, roxterm build-depends on gnome-control-center-dev which isn't
strictly necessary for debian, because it only uses it to find where to
install its preferred applications file, and that location is fixed in
debian. However, gnome-control-center-dev doesn't have a significant
dependency chain.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk