Re: Source format 3.0 (quilt) and new debhelper dh syntax (maint-guide)

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 05:16:48PM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> If by "new dh rules" you mean "the use of dh(1) to do everything, only
> overriding what is necessary", then those do indeed support completely
> arch-independent packages like e.g. http://packages.debian.org/sid/s5 :)
[...]

I updated my completely arch-indep package weather-util to 3.0
(quilt) last week, and switched to dh7's rules.tiny example at the
same time. Admittedly my old debian/rules was pretty heavily dh-ish
to begin with, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that no tweaks
at all were necessary... just overwriting it with rules.tiny worked
perfectly. Admittedly it switched the package from python-central to
python-support, leaving me a couple of old central-isms I could
decruft from the packaging, but I count that as a bonus. ;)
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);