Re: RFS: teapot

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@users.sf.net> wrote:

> 10-shared-fltk is a hack to force cmake use the shared libraries for debian (upstream prefers static linking for distribution).

I guess upstream primarily uses Windows/etc. Would it be possible to
get a cmake configure flag added upstream so that this is a
build-system issue?

>> Why is override_dh_auto_configure needed? It looks like
>> dh_auto_configure supports cmake and passes the right params.
>
> cmake builds for a different prefix otherwise (defaulting to /usr/local).
> I have little experience with cmake and found little documentation specific to dh. Some other packages I downloaded patch CMakeCache.txt instead in dh_configure. I preferred to call cmake properly instead.

Hmm. Looking at the debhelper code, it adds this to the command-line
for dh_auto_configure: -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

If that is the wrong way to get cmake to install to /usr then it would
be great if you could file a bug to get this fixed. Also put a comment
in debian/rules saying that this is a workaround, citing the bug URL.

> Any advice on this? Should I simply put "(FLTK gui)" in the short description?

Sounds reasonable. The fact that it uses FLTK is not relevant for the
short description, so just (GUI) should do it.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise