RFS: teapot

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "teapot".

* Package name    : teapot
  Version         : 2.2.0-1
  Upstream Author : Jörg Walter
* URL             : http://www.syntax-k.de/projekte/teapot
* License         : GPL 3
  Section         : utils

It builds these binary packages:
teapot     - Table Editor And Planner, Or: Teapot!
teapot-gui - Table Editor And Planner, Or: Teapot!

The upload would fix these bugs: 594507

teapot is in the same league as "sc", or "oleo": a text-based spreadsheet program. Contrarily to "sc" (which is also in debian), teapot is much easier to pick up, especially to read CSV/text files. I was using this program since years, but I only recently taken action to package it. The original author was distributing the package with a custom license. teapot has now a different maintainer, a standard GPL 3 license and also a welcomed GUI.

This is my second package for Debian. You'll notice that I've filed an ITP months ago. During this time, I've discussed with upstream to fix the tarball to include proper licensing terms in the package (originally there were none), a basic README, wait for the gui frontent to be finished and then for fltk1.3 to be available in debian. I also wrote a stub manual page for both "teapot" and "fteapot", since the author only distributes documentation in full html/pdf manual form.

I've split the package in vanilla/gui variants due to the heavy dependencies the gui package brings. I'd like to use teapot on headless systems without penalties.

The package is built for "experimental" unfortunately, since fltk1.3 is yet to be available in unstable. I hope I didn't make any mistake here. I build both binaries in a pbuilder environment. Making this package helped me out find some quirks in the fltk package itself, which will hopefully be addressed in the next uploads.

I'd appreciate any suggestion.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/teapot/teapot_2.2.0-1.dsc

Kind regards
 Yuri D'Elia