Re: .changes files without source packages

Le Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 10:40:13AM -0800, Daniel Lazzari a écrit :

> I have a collection of SDK packages we are building using dpkg -b that
> we need to distribute to our external developers. Because some of the
> libraries come from proprietary code, and others from assets, they
> should only be binary packages, not source packages. When trying to
> build a .changes file though, dpkg-genchanges -b always complains
> about a missing Source field in my control file, even though I though
> the -b option meant only binary packages.
>
> Does anyone know how to build a .changes file without having source
> packages? I need the .changes file so I can upload the packages to
> mini-dinstall.

Dear Daniel,

it is difficult to reproduce what you are doing given the lack of precise
information. Are you building a binary package without a source package?
Can you send us a step-by-step example ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan