Re: RFS: amavisd-milter (updated package - 2nd try)

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 08:18:23PM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:

> On 2010-12-03 19:47, Harald Jenny wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I know it's not good mailing style to reply to my own message but as 5 days
> > have passed I just wanted to send a reminder to the list (yes I know it's not
> > very polite to be noisy and things need their time but this package is targeted
> > at Squeeze which means time is limited...).
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> > Kind regards
> > Harald Jenny
> >

> Hey,

Hi

> Sorry to hear that you have not gotten a reply within four days, which
> some of us try to keep as a guideline for longest reply time.

Normally this wouldn't be an issue for me but the state of Squeeze freeze does
make time very precious.

> Have you talked with the release team about your changes?

I had a private mail conversation with Adam D. Barratt about these changes
although not a formal approval of the release team.

> Particularly
> there no bugs closed by this upload and there are a lot of changes, so
> are any of these changes actually closing an RC bug or solve any issue
> that the release team has asked you to fix (or approved an
> unblock/freeze-exception for)?

Not really, although the package fixes a policy violation according to Debian
policy 7.3.

> Also, consider removing "irrelevant" changes. As much as fixing minor
> packaging issues is great, it is very disturbing during the freeze.

Well on the other hand that would involve stripping the changelog of prior
entries and this does not make me very comfortable...

> Before unblocking the package, the release team will probably review the
> changes with a "there is potentially a bug in every change" mentality
> and they can reject packages that have unrelated changes.

Ok this may pose a problem but as the main changes are to the changelog itself
(which gets checked by lintian) I hope the advantages of the changes will
convince them. But I will contact the release team and ask for approval before
re-requesting sponsoring.

> ~Niels

Kind regards
Harald Jenny