Re: RFS: ifupdown-scripts-wa

Hi,

On Montag, 22. November 2010, Stefan Tomanek wrote:
> Dies schrieb Benoît Knecht (benoit.knecht@fsfe.org):
> > You should get in touch with the maintainer of ifupdown, Anthony Towns
> > <ajt@debian.org>.

you didn't reply to this important aspect...

> > And FYI, lintian reports the following:
> >   W: ifupdown-scripts-wa source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.1
> > (current is 3.9.1) W: ifupdown-scripts-wa:
> > latest-debian-changelog-entry-changed-to-native
>
> Yes, I know - ifupdown-scripts aren't thatuseful for other distributions I
> think?

native packages should be refrained upon. always use non-native packages, even
for "native" stuff: with native packages each version always gets a new
orig.tar, which is not the cases with non-native packages.

native packages have no gain whatsoever neither.

cheers,
	Holger