Re: RFS: kstars-data-extra-tycho2 (third try)

On Viernes 12 Noviembre 2010 09:28:00 Steffen Möller escribió:
[...]
> we have a similar problem for bioinformatics, and so the bioinformatics
> community has come up with the getData
> (wiki.debian.org/getData) tool to help with the maintenance of public
> data resources. It would be lovely if you could give that a review with
> the hindsight of your particular demands. Tycho2 is already part of
> that, btw, it was my first test case :) Our strategy was to have
> applications add instructions to /etc/getdata.d on how to retrieve and
> pre/post-process the data that they work on.
>
> Have many thanks
>
> Steffen

I'm not interested (at the moment) in how these data are updated or
maintained, since I want to have a bunch of packages in shape for kstars usage
in wheezy. After having the packages as intended, I will try to put them in
consonance with the stardata-common framework (
https://alioth.debian.org/scm/browser.php?group_id=30498 ).

After that, I could consider using getData, but the Tycho catalog is sort of
stable, so I do not think it is appropiate.

Anyway, thanks

Noel
er Envite