Re: RFS: presage

Paul Wise wrote:
I don't think every package needs to install THANKS, NEWS.gz,
README.gz, TODO.gz, AUTHORS since some of them will be automatically
installed.
Ok, I removed those files from all packages except for libpresage1 package.

Ah, libpresage1 will be automatically installed so that isn't the best
package for these files.

Oh, I see. I added those files back to those packages that I think users are likely to install explicitly: presage, gprompter and pyprompter.

Perhaps, in light of 2), it would be better to rename presage-gprompter and
presage-pyprompter packages to gprompter and pyprompter respectively?

That sounds like a good idea.

Done. Renamed packages to gprompter and pyprompter.

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: package python-presage: unused substitution
variable ${python:Versions}
Not sure where this warning is coming from. The variable is not used
anywhere in the control file.

That is what the warning is complaining about, that you are missing
${python:Versions} in debian/control. I'd suggest asking on the
debian-python list about it.

Done. Thread on debian-python: http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2010/07/msg00010.html

It is safe to ignore the warning.

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/presage/presage_0.8.4-2.dsc