Re: Packages with DMUA but no DM (was: Re: RFS: mpg321 (updated package with AudioScrobbler support))

Hi

Dne Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:57:22 +0200
Pietro Battiston <me@pietrobattiston.it> napsal(a):

> Il giorno lun, 28/06/2010 alle 11.44 +0200, Michal Čihař ha scritto:
> > [...] I
> > just did not expect somebody would add DMUA while not being DM ...
> > lesson learned.
> >

> Just curiosity, but... which lesson?

Because I should check it more carefully.

> I mean: couldn't a DD say "I trust you for this package but you're still
> not DM - I set the flag so it's useful in case you become it"?!
> Is the problem that it's unsecure to trust an email address which key is
> still not "officially known" to Debian?

I think the biggest problem is that it is confusing - eg. PTS shows
this information and make people think there is no need to sponsor this
package (like it happened now).