Re: RFS: xpdf (updated package)

Hi, Jakub.

On Jun 04 2010, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>, 2010-06-03, 16:00:
> >Thank you very much for your warm reception. :-)
>
> Don't get me wrong: I believe that all PDF readers in Debian suck
> and I appreciate that you want to change that state.

Ah, now your opinion is clearer.

> However, I'd like you to bear in mind that some people are using xpdf
> because of features that you are going to inadvertently kill
> e.g. decent font handling or modest dependencies.

Just for the record, I am studying the way that the font handling may be
performed and don't substitute the Base14 fonts with anything else than
PostScript fonts.

Regarding the dependencies, I think that things tend to be smaller
rather than larger.

Regards,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8