Re: RFS: xpdf (updated package)

* Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>, 2010-06-03, 14:43:
This change is for sure quite significant. BTW, do you know if the internal code in xpdf is equivalent feature wise to poppler? I know that poppler was a spin-off of the rendering code of xpdf. Do you know how much they deviate one from another?

I have been keeping in touch with Michael about such smaller version of xpdf and, in fact, I started a xpdf-poppler project,

Count me as one who won't use such a bastardized version of xpdf. Font handling in poppler is brain-dead (see bug #528808) and xpdf serves me currently as a "is-this-PDF-broken-or-is-it-only-poppler" tester.

--
Jakub Wilk