Re: RFS: httpry

On 9 April 2010 22:35, Mats Erik Andersson
<mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:
> Lastly, it is probably better to revert to the initial version '0.1.5-1',
> since otherwise the closing of the ITP-bug would be lost. The only text
> needed in the changelog would then be
>
>   * Initial release. (Closes: #539665)
>
> together with standard headline and timed footer.

I probably agree with this advice, although note that dpkg-genchanges
has a '-v' option that can be used to include changelog entries from
more than just the most recent release. The bugs in the BTS are
actually closed by a field in the generated '.changes' file, rather
than a script parsing the changelog itself.

In the past, I believe some sponsors have asked that every revision of
the package uploaded by a mentee has a separate changelog entry,
although personally I don't agree with that approach - for me, it's
better that the changelog clearly documents what was uploaded to
Debian itself.

--
Tim Retout <tim@retout.co.uk>