Re: RFS: httpry

On 9 April 2010 15:36, Yann Lejeune <ylejeune@netyl.org> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "httpry". This is the second
> call for sponsorship (firt was in last august). I've updated the package
> since the previous upload on the mentors website (minor fixes).

I've read through the packaging briefly. Minor comments: please
consider using a space after the commas in Build-Depends. I'm not sure
that you need the entries in debian/dirs, which I presume are created
by the upstream Makefile. It's probably neater to prefix all the
debhelper files with the package name, e.g. "debian/httpry.docs".

I would modify debian/rules to use the short form of dh, and put
things like the man page filename into debian/httpry.manpages. You
might need to override dh_installchangelogs for the upstream
changelog.  (Although these changes are "just" a matter of style,
really.)

I haven't checked the copyright thoroughly, but I notice that the
source contains copyright notices for 2005-2009, not just 2009 as
listed in debian/copyright.

It might be better to license your packaging changes under GPL-2+,
same as the program itself - that way, it's easier for someone else to
submit your patches upstream later, for example.

Can you tell me what makes httpry better or different to using tcpdump
and wireshark?  As in, if it gets uploaded, is it going to have enough
users reporting bugs and so on?

--
Tim Retout <diocles@debian.org>