Re: A meager copyright. Remotely acceptable?

Le Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 05:40:38PM +0200, Mats Erik Andersson a écrit :

> Thus the only question for me seems to be how to name this
> license in a DEP-5 formed copyright file, a file which I will
> have to compile. In the directory '/usr/share/common-licenses/'
> only the 3-clause BSD license, "New BSD License", is present.
>
> Gleaning in the package 'openntpd', I find that "License: BSD-2"
> and inclusion of the test from COPYING would be the thing to do.
> Does anyone disagree with this resolution?

Dear Mats,

the answer will depend on what level of precision is expected from the DEP-5
format. “Two clauses BSD” licenses often have a different disclaimer, so it may
be needed to give them a separate name, according to how we will utilise DEP-5
license and copyright summaries. (In that case, an extention of the syntax to
signal that they belong to a family of very similar licenses would be useful).

This is why there is currently no “BSD-2” short name in the DEP-5 draft, only
FreeBSD and NetBSD short names. Note also that this is work in progress, and
that many things can change in the future.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan