Re: A meager copyright. Remotely acceptable?

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Mats Erik Andersson
<mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:

> That leaves __one_single__ file (oftpd-0.3.7/COPYING) expressing a
> claim of copyright. The text is below reproduced verbatim. As far
> as I can understand the text there seems to yield no possiblility to
> relate this to GPL, and to no other DFSG-compliant license either.
> Am I correct in this observation?

That looks like a BSD-like license to me. It seems to satisfy the DFSG too:

http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

It is a good idea to read the SC & DFSG and attempt to apply the DFSG
item by item to the license.

--
bye,
pabs