Re: A meager copyright. Remotely acceptable?

The situation is getting clearer!

torsdag den  1 april 2010 klockan 20:37 skrev Paul Wise detta:
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Mats Erik Andersson
> <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:
>
> > That leaves __one_single__ file (oftpd-0.3.7/COPYING) expressing a
> > claim of copyright. The text is below reproduced verbatim. As far
> > as I can understand the text there seems to yield no possiblility to
> > relate this to GPL, and to no other DFSG-compliant license either.
> > Am I correct in this observation?
>
> That looks like a BSD-like license to me. It seems to satisfy the DFSG too:

A comparison with the other BSD licenses, shows that the present license
is nothing else than the 2-clause BSD license, "Simplified BSD License",
or "FreeBSD License" as is explained to me in

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses

According to the same page it is therefore DFSG compatible.

Thus the only question for me seems to be how to name this
license in a DEP-5 formed copyright file, a file which I will
have to compile. In the directory '/usr/share/common-licenses/'
only the 3-clause BSD license, "New BSD License", is present.

Gleaning in the package 'openntpd', I find that "License: BSD-2"
and inclusion of the test from COPYING would be the thing to do.
Does anyone disagree with this resolution?

--
Mats Erik Andersson

Abbonerar på: debian-mentors, debian-devel-games, debian-perl, debian-ipv6